Certification Authorities (CAs), who provide network, Internet and authentication solutions for communicating and conducting business, are a key link in the Internet security chain.
Certification Authorities act as a trusted third party whose purpose is to securely sign certificates for network enti-ties it has authenticated using secure means. Other network entities can then check the signature to verify that a CA has authenticated the bearer of a certificate. The most common operational model illustrating this is the SSL certification and issuance business.
This is where Comodo has created new technologies, processes and support to operationalize and secure SSL certification deliv-ering high quality, high assurance certificates at a significant price reduction versus the historical market leader. The result; Comodo is today the World’s fastest growing and second larg-est Certification Authority setting the standards for next gen-eration SSL certificates.
- Widest portfolio of High Assurance Industry Standard SSL Certificates including Extended Validation (EV) SSL.
- Comodo operates 8 Highly Trusted Root CA Certificates under direct ownership.
- All certificates Issued from 2048- bit root CA Certificates (recommended by NIST and CAB/Forum).
- SGC (Server Gated Cryptography) - enabled SSL Certificates available for legacy customers.
- 128/256 bit Encryption to ensure highest levels of data integrity.
- Advanced PKSC#7 delivery format packages for rapid installa-tion on Apache and IIS platforms.
- Fully compatible with all major web browsers and Mobile/WAP platforms.
- All Comodo Certificates automatically secures both “domain.com” and www.domain.com.
- Microsoft-approved Certification Authority for the issuance of Unified Communications Certificates (UCCs).
- Multi-year options and cost savings available.
- Unlimited Certificate reissuance for certificate lifetime.
- Free Trust Logo with each SSL Certificate purchase.